Howdy, folks! We’ve reached six episodes in the TrueBlood season – that’s right half way in the middle, from my reckonin’ – an’ I think it’s time we sat down and had ourselves a giveaway. It’s simple; here’s what you have to do.
On True Blood Online, created by @TweetTrueBlood (with the help of yours truly, @EricFangtasia, @SamMerlotteBT, @Alcide_Herveaux, and plenty of others), there are quite a few hidden pages for fans ‘n’ fangs alike to hunt ‘n’ find. Your task? Find this page:
This is the Species Sorter quiz. It’s not too hard to find (need a hint?*), if you look close enough. The first five people to complete the quiz, take a screenshot of their result, and tweet their answer (and picture) to me at @Sookie_Waitress will win True Blood swag. Don’t have twitter? Fair enough. Send me an email or post it on my facebook page.
A couple guidelines and important notes:
- If you’re on twitter, you must be following these True Blood characters: @Sookie_Waitress, @EricFangtasia, @_Bill_Compton, @SamMerlotteBT, @JessicaBonTemps, @Alcide_Herveaux, and @VampPerfection.
- If you’re not on twitter, make sure you “like” these facebook pages instead: Sookie, Eric, Bill, Sam, Jessica, Alcide, and Pam.
- If you’re not in the United States, that’s perfectly fine. I’m willin’ to ship anywhere!
Good luck, an’ get goin’!
*remember this phrase: “What are you?”
The Sookieverse Blog is one of my most favorite reads. Sure, they’re opinionated, but they’ve got a great way of putting their pens to paper. Or, in this case, usin’ appropriate animations.
This just cracked me up. Nice work, MASpencer!
The ladies over at Viking Wenches want to know. How ’bout you head on down and vote for your favorite lines from episodes one and two? Click here to access their polls.
I’ve had my twitter account since May 20, 2010. I just haven’t tweeted very much until recently. I know, I know, it’s a bit ridiculous, and y’all are probably wonderin’ why I didn’t join in the frenzy. Fact of the matter is, there were so many folks out there, I was gettin’ real confused.
I know I’ve always said, “I’m just a waitress” – and while that may bear true, I lead a pretty darn complex life. A maenad made (or grew?) a meat tree outside my house. My ex-boyfriend’s a vampire. I can hear people’s thoughts. I met a fella in Dallas who’s older than Jesus. I’m a faery. An’ someone thought it’d be funny to take a look at my life and create a TV show about it. Well, heck. True Blood‘s pretty spot-on.
It’s an honor to be on @TrueBloodHBO’s endorsed character list. It’s even more of an honor to have all of you followin’ and tweetin’ me, ’cause, believe me, I’ve been the outcast most my life. I’d blame it on the other kids, but Gran didn’t raise me that way. Y’all have been a great source of support through my tryin’ times, and I’m hopin’ that this support system will only continue to grow.
I sure do appreciate the warm welcome I’ve received from all y’all on twitter – and beyond. I only hope I continue to impress.
I wanted to make this post for a little while, but I never really got to it. Anyhow, I’ve been in need of somethin’ or the other to pass my day until the night comes ’round, and here’s what I came to: fanfiction! Works great wonders. Plus, if you’re a Charlaine Harris fan, and a fan of True Blood, I guarantee you’ll like these. Some of these are well-known to the fandom, others – not so much. However it’s bein’ presented, I suggest you take a look. Warning: as with True Blood, this stuff ain’t for the faint of heart. Rating: R.
Eric and Sookie Pairing
Not like I got a choice, anyhow. Read to your heart’s content!
- Tasting Sin– really well-written on, and pretty popular. It’s a fangtastic read that you can sink your teeth into. And if it weren’t for the fact that I know who the author is, I’d assume it was the great Charlaine herself! Author: Leia1912
- Know Thyself – a little more of an in-depth character evaluation story. Ain’t like I always write light ‘n’ funny. *wink* Author: Konfetti.
- Eric – All the Southern Vampire Mysteries (the series that True Blood is based off of) from Eric Northman’s point of view. Now you know what he was thinkin’ all this time.
Bill Compton Fanfiction
Well, we’ve all seen this happen before. That don’t mean it ain’t bad, so enjoy!
- Bill’s POV – another Southern Vampire Mysteries ‘fic, but written in Bill’s point of view. Somethin’ tells me that tall, dark and brooding’s got a lot more on his mind than we know. By: Sarafina.
- 52 Things You Don’t Know About Bill Compton – this is just too darn funny. Written by Eric Northman (er, at least in his perspective), in a series of different fanfic lists about all the True Blood characters. Check it out! By: wicked18writer
- Another Beginning’s End (An Interlude) – I think this took place after Gran’s funeral. Lovely, and pretty darn sweet if y’all ask me. By: Silverfootprints
Course, there are a lot more fanfictions out there that I haven’t even touched base on. Search the internet for more stories, an’ feel free to comment right here so I can add ’em to my ever-growin’ list. I’ll credit you for your search.
I’m also gonna suggest that you read all of Charlaine Harris’s Southern Vampire Mysteries books – they’re the books that inspired True Blood. And you might notice that the stories are awful similar, at least, with the seasons we’ve seen so far.
You can also check out my journal (cause I’m Sookie Stackhouse, o’ course) – which is on this site. They come ‘n’ go, so whenever you see an update, you can read my thoughts!
Hope this’ll help make you feel less Blood-Sick!